Print to pdf - directory problem

You can discuss anything concerning Clarity in this section.
hselia

Print to pdf - directory problem

Post by hselia »

Hello,

in Corona times our students don't get any paper prints, instead they save their reports as pdf and mail them to their Email address.

Every time I open print to pdf, it opens an old directory, which doesn't exist anymore. I always have to click through the hard disk
to get the right directory, but the program doesn't save the last path. Instead, it keeps on using the old one.
I've tried to create that old directory and put a link in it, but it doesn't appear in the dialogue because it's a link.
I've searched the registry for the patz, but it's not there.
Where does it store it and how can I tell him to use the last one? I mean, when I used it for the first time, it must
have stored it somewhere...
(Latest Clarity, Win 10 64 bit.)
Gerd Klaassen

Daniel Mentlik
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Re: Print to pdf - directory problem

Post by Daniel Mentlik »

Hi Gerd,
thank you for the inquiry.

The directory for the PDF prints is indeed set in the station and is stored in user desktop. You can change it using Setting - User Options... menu command from the Instrument window, Directories tab, Print to PDF Directory item.
This setting is specific to the desktop, so if there are more user accounts created using different desktop files (default state), each one will have to reset it. Please also note that default setting of the Print to PDF Directory is empty value which means "create the pdf report where the original file is placed".

Best Regards,
Daniel
Daniel Mentlí­k
DataApex

hselia

Re: Print to pdf - directory problem

Post by hselia »

Found it, thanks!
Gerd Klaassen