IMPLEMENTED: Remote monitoring of acquisition graph

This section allows you to vote for new features that may be implemented into Clarity.
Forum rules
You have to be logged in to be able to vote.
This section lists feature requests with polls. You can:
  • Vote for the feature to increase its priority and discuss how it should be implemented.
  • How to vote? Just log in to your forum account and the voting options will appear.
  • If you have not found your desired feature here, create a new thread for it.
  • You will not be able to create the poll yourself, but after the checking of the suggestion, we will create the poll for you.
We do take this poll seriously, however it is not the only source of priorities for the development.

Do you wish to add monitoring of running acquisition to Clarity2Go?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 2

nkokras

IMPLEMENTED: Remote monitoring of acquisition graph

Post by nkokras »

A suggestion for your consideration: it would be nice if I could monitor remotely the ongoing chromatogram, either using clarity2go or clarity offline. Sometimes, when I am in the office, I would like to see how the technician/students are doing on the station (instead of getting up and going there),
Nikolaos Kokras

Lenka Diblikova
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Re: Remote Monitoring

Post by Lenka Diblikova »

Dear Nikolaos,

we have noticed your wish. I have assigned it an internal issue number (ISS-76388). Could you specify what information would you be interested in monitoring?

Internal issue tracking ID: 76388

Best Regards,
Lenka Diblíková

nkokras1

Post by nkokras1 »

Dear Lenka,

I think the single most useful think would be the remotely monitoring the current acquisition window, or to write it in different words: being able to see the signal aqcuired by clarity station in a different computer that has clarity offline installed.

This is because students/staff often see something that they don't like (a spurious signal, some noise, baseline drift etc) and I have to go on the station and see myself what is going on. It would be nice to check from my office, without having to go to the lab and give instructions on the phone. Also, occasionally we perform a very sensitive electrochemical analysis that the mere human movement near the instruments produces noise. It would be nice to have a remote monitor and not have a human nearby when analyzing.

I understand that it may be technically difficult (but awesome) to do that from clarity2go. With clarity offline in the same LAN, I think it is technically easier.
Nikolaos Kokras

Lenka Diblikova
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Post by Lenka Diblikova »

Dear Nikolaos,

the easiest way how to carry out remote monitoring would be probably through Remote Desktop Connection from your PC or Team Viewer session between both PCs. Team Viewer is a part of Clarity installation, see Start menu - Clarity folder command or you can download TW from following page https://www.teamviewer.com/en/. For Remote connection tips see e.g. http://www.tightvnc.com/.

No one needs to be present at PC and you can monitor or control the station. Would it work enough for you?

In case you think the better solution is using the Clarity2Go, we have created a poll, please vote for it.

Internal issue tracking ID: 76388
Lenka Diblíková