Dual Acquisition storage

This section allows you to vote for new features that may be implemented into Clarity.
Forum rules
You have to be logged in to be able to vote.
This section lists feature requests with polls. You can:
  • Vote for the feature to increase its priority and discuss how it should be implemented.
  • How to vote? Just log in to your forum account and the voting options will appear.
  • If you have not found your desired feature here, create a new thread for it.
  • You will not be able to create the poll yourself, but after the checking of the suggestion, we will create the poll for you.
We do take this poll seriously, however it is not the only source of priorities for the development.
Chromsystems

Dual Acquisition storage

Post by Chromsystems »

Hi,

While using clarity with Younglin GC's found if both Acquisitions are active then after completion of run both the graphs get stored in selected data file.Can I select separate storage path for both graphs?This is very important for me as I may inject different samples at a time & need to store each at different location.Please advice.
NITIN CHAUDHARI

Chromsystems

Younglin YL6500 Run not getting fully Stopped

Post by Chromsystems »

Hi,

With Younglin YL6500 we are facing problem with Run stop during the analysis if needed.Suppose I stopped run by using GC stop/clarity stop then run stops but counter in method window continues & needs to use abort in Acquisition window.I may need to terminate the run many times as full run is not needed.With complete program run auto stop is OK & timer resets.

This problem not occurs with YL6100 GC.In which I can stop the run during run anytime from clarity or from GC as well.No need to reset timer in method window by pressing abort key.No issue.

Please provide the solution in case YL6500 GC.

Nitin Chaudhari.
NITIN CHAUDHARI

Jaroslav Kana
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Re: Younglin YL6500 Run not getting fully Stopped

Post by Jaroslav Kana »

Dear Nitin,
this behavior is as designed. Please refer to precise description of the Stop and Abort functions in the reference manual (http://downloads.dataapex.com/documenta ... -guide.pdf) in chapter 5.2 on page 329.
If you need to change/modify the behavior of YL6500 you need to contact YL directly because the control of this YL GS was developed directly by YL. If they modify the respective YL6500 we can then implement into Clarity into some future version.

Best regards

Jaroslav Kana
Jaroslav Kana

Jaroslav Kana
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Re: Dual Acquisition storage

Post by Jaroslav Kana »

Dear Nitin,
I am sorry but I don't get the point of your question. What do you mean by the term "both Acquisition"? Can you describe the procedure of your measurements? Send us also related diagnostic files for analysis.

Clarity version 6.2 and older:
C:\ClarityYL\clarity.cfg
C:\ClarityYL\clarity.dsk
C:\ClarityYL\systeminfo.txt
C:\ClarityYL\others.ini
C:\ClarityYL\log\ *.audit (for the related days)

Very important: chromatogram (*.prm), method (*.met) and sequence (*.seq) -files related to the problem

Clarity version 7.0 and newer:
C:\ClarityYL\CFG\clarity.cfg
C:\ClarityYL\CFG\clarity.dsk
C:\ClarityYL\CFG\systeminfo.txt
C:\ClarityYL\CFG\Audit_Trails\ *.audit (for the related days)

Very important: chromatogram (*.prm), method (*.met) and sequence (*.seq) -files related to the problem
Located in the C:\Clarity\DataFiles

Best regards

Jaroslav Kana
Jaroslav Kana

jayeshpatel

Post by jayeshpatel »

Hi !,

Please refer my message for Storage of Channle in separate data file.

We means to say that if we select two channel for Data acquisition then both acquired data stored in same data file with same Sample Name/ID/Amount etc. We like to save it in separate data file i.e channel 1 in data file-1 and Channel -2 in data file-2 with individual sample name, Identity, Amount etc. So that we can retrieve desired channel data separately. Hope now matter is clear to you.
Jayesh Patel

Daniel Mentlik
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Post by Daniel Mentlik »

Dear Jayesh,
I understand now.

Such feature is not available in Clarity yet. There is a pending suggestion ISS-68384 to implement such behavior, however it was postponed because of more urgent issues.
For some Instruments (Agilent 6890) there is a workaround possible. Presence of the workaround requires additional Clarity Instrument, the detector signals can be split between these two instruments and the second one serves as a slave. However, no such solution is available for YL GCs (the drivers were not written in a way to support this workaround).

I have added you to the list of persons interested for ISS-68384, this may rise the priority thus speeding the implementation.

Best Regards,
Daniel
Daniel Mentlí­k
DataApex