Stop current run without stopping sequence

This section allows you to vote for new features that may be implemented into Clarity.
Forum rules
You have to be logged in to be able to vote.
This section lists feature requests with polls. You can:
  • Vote for the feature to increase its priority and discuss how it should be implemented.
  • How to vote? Just log in to your forum account and the voting options will appear.
  • If you have not found your desired feature here, create a new thread for it.
  • You will not be able to create the poll yourself, but after the checking of the suggestion, we will create the poll for you.
We do take this poll seriously, however it is not the only source of priorities for the development.

Do you want us to implement the possibility to stop current run without stopping the sequence?

Yes.
100%
No.
No votes

Total votes: 2

stuart

Stop current run without stopping sequence

Post by stuart »

It is frustrating to have to stop the sequence before stopping acquisition of a sample. Sometimes in the middle of a run, something goes wrong and there is no point in continuing with the current sample analysis. In that situation it would be nice to be able to abort the current run and get on with the next sample straight away, without stopping the sequence, stopping the data acquisition, resetting the sequence, choosing the samples still to be run, and starting again.

Internal issue tracking ID: 36010
Dr Stuart Jones

Ivan Vins
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Re: Stop current run without stopping sequence

Post by Ivan Vins »

In case you have a sampler controlled by Clarity you can use the Next Vial command to abort current analysis and to continue with a next vial.

In other cases it is possible to use the Abort to abort the sequence and use the Resume Sequence to continue with the sequence from the last measured line (you may need to uncheck the line in case you do not want to re-measure the aborted sample)
Ivan Vinš

stuart

Re: Stop current run without stopping sequence

Post by stuart »

I accept that as a work around, but I still find it really strange to have to stop the sequence first. Almost every time I do this, I just want to abort a run and move on, or stop a run because it has less peaks and get on with the next one. In both cases I don't want to stop the sequence, and hence would rather the first click stops the run and the second click stops the sequence.
Dr Stuart Jones