Pharmacia LKB Controller LCC-501 Plus

You can discuss anything concerning Clarity in this section.
runar

Pharmacia LKB Controller LCC-501 Plus

Post by runar »

Hi
I am wondering if DataApex can control this old FPLC unit, Pharmacia LKB LCC 501 Plus.

Greetings
RÄ‚Ĺźnar Gunnarsson

Daniel Mentlik
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Re: Pharmacia LKB Controller LCC-501 Plus

Post by Daniel Mentlik »

Dear Rúnar,
thank you for your inquiry.
Clarity does not control the LCC-501 Plus controller directly, however it seems that it can work along with Clarity (according to the manual). The controller has analog outputs to provide detector signal(s) to Clarity, which can be collected through A/D converter. Aside from that, the device is capable of sending and receiving TTL signals to announce readiness or start Method 1, which can be sent/received from Clarity from the same A/D Converter.
The controller also provides a control over pumps using setting the frequency, for that we have Zebrick D/A converter. Actually this means, that you might have 2 options:
1) still use the LCC-501, just synchronize it using A/D converter
2) rule out the LLC-501 and stay with just the pumps, have them directly controlled from Clarity through Zebrick, and collect the signal directly from detector (not through LLC-501) to A/D Converter.

Driver for this is not available, though as manual claims it has a communication protocol for everything I guess it could be written, possibly as Ruby script. I had not found the protocol anywhere though, so this would be an off chance.

Please contract sales@dataapex.com over email to receive a quotation, specifying the instrument in question (LLC-501) and the number of detectors/signals you need to collect (just one or 2 available).
Daniel Mentlí­k
DataApex