Clarity System Continually Crashing

You can discuss anything concerning Clarity in this section.
dcparr00

Clarity System Continually Crashing

Post by dcparr00 »

I have an instance of the 7.4.xxxx software running on Windows 7 and crashing repeatedly with the following error:

Chromatographic application had error 0x00000000 at address 0x00000000.

This invariably destroys the configuration file such that the software must be reconfigured each time. I am using it in a compliant environment so this is not an option.

Opened a case with Support and submitted all the supporting files (.cfg, dump files, etc.)

I was just wondering if anyone in the community had experienced this problem and was able to solve it for a stable operation.

Thanks to all!

Chris Parr
GENERAL ELECTRIC

Daniel Mentlik
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Re: Clarity System Continually Crashing

Post by Daniel Mentlik »

Dear Chris,
as advised over email, the information provided in this message is not sufficient, diagnostic files as described in Clarity Support Request Note datasheet are necessary (including audit trail files which are crucial in finding out what happened on the station).

The station crashing (and notably with address 0x00000000) may really have multiple reasons ranging from problems in Clarity itself through corrupted configuration files, errors in drivers to problems with Windows and their components. From the diagnostic files (at least crash dumps (*.dmp), badtrace.txt and audit trails (*.audit)) we can find out what happens on the station and suggest a remedy. In case the problems are based on work with particular data (such as problems when opening particular chromatogram etc), given file or files (configuration (*.cfg), method (*.met), sequence (*.seq), chromatogram (*.prm) and calibration (*.cal)) are also needed.

Unfortunately the reason is very unsure at the moment, so asking about experience with encountering the same problem is premature.

Best Regards,
Daniel
Daniel Mentlí­k
DataApex