Report Lab Header with Instrument name

You can discuss anything concerning Clarity in this section.
marcojfelix

Report Lab Header with Instrument name

Post by marcojfelix »

Hi Guys,

We have 12 hplc systems running with Clarity in our lab, for each system we have individual reports because the instrument name must be informed in the report lab header, so we write the name of the system in each report file, we would like to have standard reports for all systems, this way we can only copý the reports files to the ohter systems, in other to have that in place I need to include the argument %e in the Report Lab header in other to include automatically the name of the system in the report, so I don´t need to worry about renaming each report type when I copy from one system to another.
Marco Felix

Daniel Randula

Re: Report Lab Header with Instrument name

Post by Daniel Randula »

Dear Marco,

Such feature is not designed in Clarity. However, there is one possibility how to get it done.

In the Report Setup – Lab. Header dialog, you can either edit already used line or add a new one in the Number of Lines field. After clicking the desired line, click the arrow button in the top right corner of the selected line and choose Sample (%Q) or Sample ID (%q) parameter. You can Save As.. this Report Setup or just click OK.
Now, in the Single Analysis/Sequence, fill in the appropriate field Sample or Sample ID (based on what you selected in the Report Setup dialog) with parameter %e.

Just a side note: if you include parameter %e into Chromatogram File Name field in the Single Analysis, reports saved in PDF format will be named as the chromatogram file name including instrument name.
Daniel Randula