How to use the clarity SDK .

You can discuss anything concerning Clarity in this section.
jiecao

How to use the clarity SDK .

Post by jiecao »

Dear DataApex support,
I would like to ask how to use clarity SDK to my own chromatography hardware communications with clarity.I'm not sure what to do and I hope you guys can help me out, many thanks in advance.

Regards

Lenka Diblikova
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Re: How to use the clarity SDK .

Post by Lenka Diblikova »

Dear Cao Jie,

you can find more details about SDK on our web page http://www.dataapex.com/product.php?id=sdk.php. Could you more specify your questions?

Best Regard,
Lenka Diblíková

Daniel Mentlik
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Post by Daniel Mentlik »

Dear Cao Jie,
please let us know for which company you plan to develop the drivers.
Please note that Clarity SDK is supplied upon signing of the NDA, and we do not have any records of such NDA signed with anyone from West China Normal University.

You can contact us directly via support@dataapex.com email.

Best Regards,
Daniel
Daniel Mentlí­k
DataApex

jiecao

Post by jiecao »

Dear Lenka,
Thank you for your reply!
Other ways to understand your company doing chromatographic software. Now I want to use the SDK to write plug-ins to achieve with your company's software control of my hardware. I want to know what I need to do to work? Does it involve the development of chromatographic software?

Best Regards,
Cao Jie

Daniel Mentlik
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Post by Daniel Mentlik »

Dear Cao Jie,
please contact us using standard email on support@dataapex.com with the list of modules (vendor, model) you would like to make control for.

Generally speaking, development of new modules is possible in two ways, either SDK or using Uni Ruby.
  • SDK is full-size control. To write a module, you need to have good C++ programming knowledge, sign NDA with us and be provided SDK.
  • UNI Ruby is simplified programming, basically Ruby scripting. To write a module, you need basic Ruby scripting knowledge.
Development times are much faster using UNI Ruby, but the options in User Interface of your modules are limited. UNI Ruby can control most modules as well, but is unsuitable for modules with tens of different communicated commands and complex internal logics (for example I would not write a control for GC such as Agilent 7890 in UNI Ruby - writing a GC module is possible, but making temperature ramps setting user friendly would not be simple.)

Programming a control module does not mean programming the software itself, just a plugin for it.

Best Regards,
Daniel
Daniel Mentlí­k
DataApex

jiecao

Post by jiecao »

Dear Daniel,
Thanks for your reply !
I'm glad you introduced me to a new approach, but I searched the Clarity software and did not find out where to open UNI Ruby. Hope to get your help.

Best Regards,
Cao Jie

Daniel Mentlik
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Post by Daniel Mentlik »

Dear Cao Jie,
you can find basic information on this website: http://www.dataapex.com/product.php?id=uniruby.php&s=n
There is somewhat more detailed cookbook available for download in the download section too: http://downloads.dataapex.com/documenta ... i-Ruby.pdf
You can find all written scripts in the \Bin\UTILS\Uni_Drivers\(company_name)\ subdirectory of the installed Clarity/Clarity_DEMO, please look for *.rb files. Examples for various devices with extensive comments in the code are available in \Bin\UTILS\Uni_Drivers\EXAMPLES\ subdirectory.

Best Regards,
Daniel
Daniel Mentlí­k
DataApex