Clairity HPLC Report

You can discuss anything concerning Clarity in this section.
sanderson1

Clairity HPLC Report

Post by sanderson1 »

I know the following feature is available in other software such as Empower but I was wondering if Clarity offers the same feature.

I would like a report to show the whole chromatogram with a smaller inset (zoomed) image of the main peak in more detail?

Thanks in advance.
S

Daniel Mentlik
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Re: Clairity HPLC Report

Post by Daniel Mentlik »

Dear Sir,
the feature is available in Clarity. Please open your Report Setup dialog, switch to the Chromatogram tab and set the Print Range setting to Both:
report-setup.png
In the created report, there will be two graphs - first showing the whole chromatogram, second showing the actual zoom in the Chromatogram window:
print-preview.png
It is not possible to set the display of the highest peak to be printed automatically this way zoomed, you need to perform the desired zoom manually. The highest peak is very often not the compound of interest. Also, the "inset" zoomed peak might clog another area of interest in the chromatogram, so we prefer to print the graphs tiled.
Daniel Mentlí­k
DataApex

sanderson1

Post by sanderson1 »

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your previous reply this was a great help.

I have one final question regarding report generation:

I perform triplicate injections of a sample, my report is set to contain the data for each of the three injections and a single representative chromatogram image. I cannot find an option to create a table of mean data including % error and % RSD throughout the run.

Is it possible to add such a table automatically in Clarity or is this something I need to implement manually?
S

Daniel Mentlik
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Post by Daniel Mentlik »

Dear Sir,
such calculations are performed in Clarity using the optional SST extension, and their results may be printed using the print of SST results. If you are not using the SST, you may consider it's usage - please check the linked SST Extension manual on the SST extension capabilities.

Alternatively some calculations may be performed in the Summary table - you can calculate Average (mean) of the values, and also RSD using the User Columns. You need to have the peaks being reported calibrated, and the display is not that nice (shows the average/RSD of the values on each row for each peak), but it also works. In such case you would be reporting the results with the Summary Table.

Do not hesitate to ask if you want to know more.
Daniel Mentlí­k
DataApex