How to configure the adquisition parameters

You can discuss anything concerning Clarity in this section.
Denver

How to configure the adquisition parameters

Post by Denver »

Hi there
Can you help me to configure the acquisition parameters?
I am having problems with that
My full sacale data is 100 mV, but I need to set the scale to 1000 mV (1 V)
I can not find how to do that
May be the Clarity than i am using is limitated?
Is not an HPLC configuration, it is cheked.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Federico Carrizo

Daniel Mentlik
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Re: How to configure the adquisition parameters

Post by Daniel Mentlik »

Dear Federico,
the range of the detector signal can be changed usually on the Method Setup - Acquisition tab, however exact settings depend on the configured detector. Please let us know the instrumentation you are using, or, even better, please send us measured chromatogram (in a *.prm format) to support@dataapex.com, I will be able to advise more after checking it.

Best Regards,
Daniel
Daniel Mentlí­k
DataApex

Denver

Post by Denver »

Daniel
I will be sending it ASAP
Thanks
Federico Carrizo

Daniel Mentlik
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Post by Daniel Mentlik »

Dear Federico,
as discussed over email, the signal is probably cut off by the detector itself. Please take a look at the following picture:
signal-cut-off.png
I was curious which detector you are using - this can be seen from the measured chromatogram. As you use A/D Converter, the signal can be cut off at two sources - either at the instrument itself, or by the A/D Converter. In the A/D converter settings you can see that the range is set to 1250 mV, so if the A/D converter does the trimming, the signal will be cut off at that value. However, your signal is cut off at approximately 100 mV, so it comes already cut off into Colibrick. You can also zoom in to the cut-off portion of the signal, on sufficiently enlarged zoom on y axis you will see that the top of the cut-off peak is not completely flat, but still rises somewhat. If A/D converter cuts the signal off, you would see completely flat part of the signal

Ivan has already advised over email to check the output settings of your instrument. First option is to use different physical output connector if there is one - most older instrumentation contained Recorder output and Integrator output, which differed in the voltage range put on them (100 mV for Recorder, 1V for Integrator usually), but the profiles were usually the same so this might not help you in the end (you would get ten times higher signal, but cut off at 1V instead of 100 mV).
The second option is to play with the output settings of the detector itself. For that you will have to go into the configuration of your HPLC detector an look for some settings that influence analog signal outputs - usually it is something like Output Range or similar. Some devices have double settings for this, where you set up output range (you want to have it as high as necessary) and signal attenuation (which on the other hand may need to be reduced).

Please let us know what detector you use, and if you succeeded in finding the settings.

Daniel
Daniel Mentlí­k
DataApex