Knauer Detector Diagnostic

You can discuss anything concerning Clarity in this section.
mmacewan

Knauer Detector Diagnostic

Post by mmacewan »

In the device monitor window for Knauer detectors there is a diagnostic button that is inactive. Should there be a dialog window opened when it is pushed? Specifically, I would like to get information on lamp hours and reference and signal values, which are accessible from the front panel.

Regards,
Mike MacEwan
Michael MacEwan

Daniel Mentlik
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Re: Knauer Detector Diagnostic

Post by Daniel Mentlik »

Dear Mike,
thank you for your request. Knauer detector control modules were programmed by Knauer company, I have raised your query with the programmer and will let you know once I have some response. Can you let me know which detectors in particular you are speaking about, and which version of the station you are using? This may be important for troubleshooting the problem.

Best Regards,
Daniel
Daniel Mentlí­k
DataApex

mmacewan

Post by mmacewan »

Hello Daniel,

Thanks for the response. The Knauer detectors in the lab are Blue Shadow 10D
http://www.knauer.net/en/product/bluesh ... r_10d.html
and an older wellchrom K-2500 variable wavelength.

Current Clarity version used is 6.2.0.208

Regards,
Mike
Michael MacEwan

Daniel Mentlik
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Post by Daniel Mentlik »

Hi Mike,
thanks for specifying that.

According to my testing here the lamp hours should be available through Info... button, while the reference wavelength settings through Diagnostics... button. I have also received first reply from Knauer, they have seen the behavior on one computer and not others with the same version of drivers and were not able to find out why at that time, they are investigating the issue now to find more details.

Best Regards,
Daniel
Daniel Mentlí­k
DataApex

mmacewan

Post by mmacewan »

Hello Daniel,

Just FYI
Regarding the Knauer detector device
lamp hours should be available through Info... button, while the reference wavelength settings through Diagnostics... button
The device monitor only has a diagnostic button, there is no info button. Clicking on the diagnostic button does not open a new window or display any information.

I attached a screen shot.

Regards,
Mike
Attachments
Knauer device monitor
Knauer device monitor
Michael MacEwan

Daniel Mentlik
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Post by Daniel Mentlik »

Hi Mike,
I admit I have tested the behavior on Knauer detectors I have available (S2600, PDA-1) which are different from your model. I was only able to test the behavior with BlueShadow 10D detector in DEMO mode (simulation) which does not allow entry into the Diagnostic screen. Anyway, Knauer got all the information and promised to look into the matter.

Best Regards,
Daniel
Daniel Mentlí­k
DataApex

mmacewan

Post by mmacewan »

I discovered that the lamp hour information is view-able by accessing the detector status within method set up window. I am still curious to know if sample and reference energy outputs can also be obtained.
Michael MacEwan

Daniel Mentlik
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Post by Daniel Mentlik »

Hi Mike,
just received a driver hotfix for this issue. In case you are interested to have the hotfix driver, please let us know to support@dataapex.com. Note that the IQ on such station will fail.

The updated driver will get into next version of Clarity (7.1, scheduled mid July), where it will not fail the IQ.

Best Regards,
Daniel
Daniel Mentlí­k
DataApex