mixing Chromaster with Knauer modules

You can discuss anything concerning Clarity in this section.
ACSolutions

mixing Chromaster with Knauer modules

Post by ACSolutions »

We have to combine an analytical system (Hitachi Chromaster) together with some extra valves and an auxiliary pump. All this should be controlled by the latest version of Clarity Hitachi version. As I have heard by some that Hitachi Clarity can't control other modules except Hitachi, I am a bit worried. Could someone tell me if and what I can control as module together with the Chromaster ?
kirsten de keyser

Daniel Mentlik
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Re: mixing Chromaster with Knauer modules

Post by Daniel Mentlik »

Dear Kirsten,
Clarity VA OEM version (the version that includes Hitachi drivers) can control all instruments standard Clarity can too. You should be able to use the combined system with no problems. Please check the D004 datasheet or it's web counterpart to see which control modules you can use in the version, if the availability of such module is limited to some OEM version, you will see it in the note.

While speaking about combining Hitachi system with other modules, Clarity can take care of the synchronization of the systems. There are just two special cases here, when the Hitachi system misses autosampler or detector (autosampler is not used, instead manual valve is, or system does not contain Hitachi detector, instead other vendor's detector is used), you need to use the E-DIO cable for the synchronization.

Best Regards,
Daniel
Daniel Mentlí­k
DataApex

ACSolutions

Post by ACSolutions »

Dear Daniel,

Thank you.

In fact, the autosampler is missing but a automated injection valve is used instead with a feeding pump filling the loop. Do I still need the E-DIO cable ? I suppose this is to give a starting signal to the pump?
Thanks

Daniel Mentlik
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Post by Daniel Mentlik »

Yes, you still need the cable. It is as you say, the cable is used to even start the pumps/detectors.
Daniel Mentlí­k
DataApex