Clarity error communication

You can discuss anything concerning Clarity in this section.
Geo RS gas system

Clarity error communication

Post by Geo RS gas system »

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am using a home-made chromatograph with Clarity Lite.
It is working fine most of time but 3-5 times a day an error communication message occurs.
The error message is "Colibri Détecteur 1 (SN1239): Aucune données reçues pour 10s."
Sometimes closing and restarting the software is enough but it happens I need to unplug the USB cable to switch off the adaptator

I am using a Clarity Lite version 5.0.4.158
My laptop works with Windows XP

I try to use a USB hub and disable saving mode (from the start this one)
Chromatograph have to do non stop analysis on field.
Do you have any advise to prevent it happens ?

Best Regards,
Julian Bauduin
Bauduin

Daniel Mentlik
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Re: Clarity error communication

Post by Daniel Mentlik »

Dear Julian,
please check this FAQ, it most probably describes the situation you are in. If the problems persist, please let us know.

Best Regards,
Daniel
Daniel Mentlí­k
DataApex

Geo RS gas system

Dear Daniel,

I have excluded C:\Clarity Lite\* from my antivirus and disable the option "Allow the computer to turn off this device to safe power" on my usb connection (for dongle and colibrick)
For the last two hours, no problem

I have a second request. If you prefer I create a new topic I will do it.
I have planned to use two chromatograph but they have to be independent as clients requirement.
I plan to use two Clarity Lite software, one for each chromatograph (two different colbrick too).
Could two Clarity Lite software work on one computer simultaneously ?

Best Regards,
Julian Bauduin
Bauduin

Daniel Mentlik
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Post by Daniel Mentlik »

Hi Julian,
thanks for letting us know - if the problems reappear, we will look into the matter further.

As for your second question - no, one computer can run only one Clarity station at any given time. You can have multiple stations installed on one PC and there is a way how to use them alternately (we do this here for testing different versions), but once one Clarity is running, you cannot start a second one. When speaking about Clarity, it also means Clarity Lite (the program uses the same resources which are exclusive).

To operate two chromatographs simultaneously, we are offering Clarity station with multiple instruments. Then each Instrument is independent to each other; such independent Instruments may use separate Colibricks or share one multidetector Colibrick (separate channels on the Colibrick assigned to separate chromatographs).

Do not hesitate to ask if you need more information.

Best Regards,
Daniel
Daniel Mentlí­k
DataApex

Geo RS gas system

Dear Daniel,

Communications problems occurs at 2pm, 6 hours after launching it.

I would like to have more information about your Clarity station with multiple instruments.
My Clarity could use up to 4 detectors but they are linked together (start analysis at the same time, same calibration data...)

Best Regards,
Julian bauduin
Bauduin

Geo RS gas system

Dear Daniel,

I have another questions linked to the questions before about two chromatograph:
If I have two chromatographs on the same Clarity Lite, is it possible to export results of each devices in different files ? If so, export is done just after analysis ?
If it is not possible, can we at least export only results from the first chromatograph within keeping raw chromatogram saved for both devices.

Best Regards,
Julian bauduin
Bauduin

Daniel Mentlik
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Post by Daniel Mentlik »

Hi Julian,
first off let me say I was talking about Clarity being able to connect independent Instruments, not Clarity Lite. You can check the differences here.

Individual independent Instruments in Clarity behave the same as several independent Clarity Lite stations aside of the configuration (this one is not available in Clarity Lite). In Clarity configuration you can select which detector signals from Colibrick will be assigned to which Instrument, please see the Colibrick manual, mainly chapters 3.4 - 3.4.2.

Anything which is configured to the same Instrument will start at the same time, same as in Clarity Lite. The things/signals configured to a different Instrument will not do so (unless you set it to do so, which you do not want).

Any files created by a single Instrument will be created independently on the other Instruments available - this contains chromatograms, methods, calibrations, exports, ...

Best Regards,
Daniel
Daniel Mentlí­k
DataApex

Geo RS gas system

Dear Daniel,

Just to confirm about Clarity and Clarity Lite.
Now we have some problem using Clarity Lite.
If we upgrade to Clarity, we will be abble to use two chromatographs with non synchronized analyses and two export files, one for each analyzers.

If yes, we are in France.
Those which give us the Clarity Lite are some people who have bought your software in SIngapore.
How should I do upgrade my Clarity ? Who must I contact ?

Best Regards,
Julian Bauduin
Bauduin

Daniel Mentlik
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Post by Daniel Mentlik »

Dear Julian,
answer is yes for the technical questions.

As for the ordering, please check the list of our distributors in France and ask for quotation there. Please specify the serial number of the application (available through Help - About... menu item from the main Clarity Lite window) while doing the quote.

Best Regards,
Daniel
Daniel Mentlí­k
DataApex