Assigning and using molecular weights

You can discuss anything concerning Clarity in this section.
sanderson1

Assigning and using molecular weights

Post by sanderson1 »

Hello,

I have been tasked with setting up a SEC for antibody analysis using clarity software and a Agilent HPLC. Having only used Waters/Empower in the past this experience has been something of a learning curve.

I have set up a method running through the GPC module which generates chromatography as expected, I have also ran gel filtration standards through the system but am unable to find how I can assign molecular weights to the peaks within the standard and how this is then used to analyse the molecular weight of my product peaks.

I have no doubt that this is an oversight on my part but having spent two days searching I have no choice but to ask the advice of people who actually know the software.

Thanks in advance.
S

Daniel Mentlik
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Re: Assigning and using molecular weights

Post by Daniel Mentlik »

Hello,
thank you for the feedback. Please have you checked the manual on GPC Extension in Clarity, mainly chapter 5.6?
If so and the problem is still unclear, please send us an email to support@dataapex.com and include the chromatogram you are working with, the calibration and some identification of what exactly is going wrong. Without that we currently cannot advise better.

Best Regards,
Daniel
Daniel Mentlí­k
DataApex