Default method

You can discuss anything concerning Clarity in this section.
nkokras

Default method

Post by nkokras »

Hello!
How can I change the default method that is loading each type an instrument is opened?
I would like to set some universal parameters, save the "noname" method by a new name (as "default.met") but then, it does not load automatically when I re-open the instrument.
Thanks

Daniel Mentlik
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Re: Default method

Post by Daniel Mentlik »

Dear Nikolaos,
normally the method which is opened on the Clarity Instrument when the Instrument is opened is the one which was there when the Instrument is closed. The method to be opened is stored in the project used, so if you are changing projects between reopening Clarity Instrument, this may end up in the described behavior.

Also, usage of the LaunchManager utility (or other uses of Clarity command line parameters) may force an Instrument to be opened with set project, but different then default method. Other than that, I do not see a way why this could happen on your station - please send the audit trail file from the day this behavior happened to support@dataapex.com . The proper audit trail is stored in the C:/Clarity/Log subdirectory, named by corresponding date. If you could perform the test (e.g. changing the method, closing instrument, reopening instrument (or what your procedure is to invoke the behavior)) and send us the audit trail, we can discern the reason of the behavior pretty quick.

Best regards,
Daniel
Daniel Mentlí­k
DataApex

nkokras

Post by nkokras »

Indeed, we open a new project each day and ideally, I would like to use the same default method regardless of the daily project. The point is to have a pre-configured method and users of the system can create a daily project but do not need to know about method settings.
Nikolaos Kokras

Daniel Mentlik
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Post by Daniel Mentlik »

OK, in such case it is necessary to change the default method that is copied into new projects. The default method is saved in the C:/Clarity/Common subdirectory under the name Default.met , please save your desired template method under the exact same name (using lowercase/uppercase letters where appropriate). This should force the newly created method in the newly created project be already filled in.

Please let us know how it went.
Daniel Mentlí­k
DataApex

nkokras

Post by nkokras »

Thank you for your reply
Our working directories are C:\Clarity\HPLC-1 and C:\Clarity\HPLC-2 (set in the directories option of the program)
I have tried the C:\Clarity\HPLC-1\Common\Default.met and the C:\Clarity\Common\Default.met.
None works :-(
Any ideas?
Nikolaos Kokras

Daniel Mentlik
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Post by Daniel Mentlik »

OK, I stand corrected. After some experimenting with the methods, I unfortunately do not have clear solution for your case at the moment.

When a new project is created, no method is copied into it (no method is opened when you first enter such project) as there is no information in the project file which method should be opened (or was opened last time). This also means that the default method name displayed is "noname" and that it is filled by default parameters from the particular control modules code (non-modifiable at user level).

I can only suggest some workarounds at the moment, copying the method from the previous project or another location after the project is created/opened and opening the method for usage.

I have started a suggestion ISS66509 to implement copying of the default.met into the newly created project.
Daniel Mentlí­k
DataApex

nkokras

Post by nkokras »

Ok, that's too bad indeed for our working routine.
Let's only hope that in the next update there will be a copying of the default.met from the common dir to the current project dir.
Nikolaos Kokras

nkokras

Post by nkokras »

Daniel Mentlik wrote:
I have started a suggestion ISS66509 to implement copying of the default.met into the newly created project.
Any chance it will make it to 6.1? I do not see it in the changelog so far :cry:
Nikolaos Kokras

Daniel Mentlik
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Post by Daniel Mentlik »

No, unfortunately no chance for that. Even at the moment of creating the issue it was past time to include anything in the version, the version was already closed for any new submissions for few weeks.
Daniel Mentlí­k
DataApex

nkokras

Post by nkokras »

Hello, has this issue been resolved in v.7?
Nikolaos Kokras