Configuring Clarity in a Network

You can discuss anything concerning Clarity in this section.
avanprotec

Configuring Clarity in a Network

Post by avanprotec »

Hello,

I cannot manage to use the Clarity in a network. I have one HPLC Agilent 1100 that normally, with the ChemStation uses the ip address 172.20.5.23. the computer address is 172.20.5.25. I have installed and connected the equipment with the address recommended by the instruction sheet: Agilent 1100 ip address 192.168.254.12 and computer ip address 192.168.254.15. I have used a crossover cable and everything founctions ok.

But this computer is controlling another Agilent HPLC 1200 means the ChemStation. We want to controll the Agilent 1100 with Clarity and the 1200 with ChemStation for the moment. We are trying to sell Clarity for all the Lab and needs to show the software to them. They have 4 Agilent HPLC and one 7820GC. They want to migrate to Clarity if the software functions for them.

Can Clarity manage it? I want to change the ip address in the Clarity to controll the Agilent 1100 to 172.20.5.23. Is that possible? How can we do it?

Thank you for your answer.

Adolfo
Adolfo Alvarez

Ivan Vins
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Re: Configuring Clarity in a Network

Post by Ivan Vins »

Dear Adolfo,

I will need more informations on the network configuration you want to use.

In case there will be two Agilent HPLC s\ystems (1100 nad 1200) connected to one computer, will there be a separate LAN board in computer for each (recommended) or will they be connected through some switch?

The change of the IP address of the LAN board in the HPLC system depends on its settings - it could use a default address (192.168.254.11) or use a stored address (probably your case using the 192.168.254.12). Alternatively you could assign another address using the BootP utility (commonly used with older Chemstation installations). From Clarity side, it is irrelevant how the IP is set - the system has to be available on it - best checked the command prompt (cmd) PING IP address command. Make sure the same system is not accessed from two controlling programs at the same time

Please contact us on support@dataapex.com for further details
Ivan Vinš

avanprotec

Post by avanprotec »

Dear Ivan,

I am answering until now because the project we had of using Clarity was dropped because in this laboratory they want to control also an Agilent 7820, and it was told me that Clarity is not yet able to control this instrument. The trouble with this is that this equipment has not a keyboard to control it. Do you know what will happen with this equipment.

Regards the HPLCs, because of the problem with the 7820 in this laboratory they asked to uninstall the Clarity.

Sorry
Adolfo Alvarez

Daniel Mentlik
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Post by Daniel Mentlik »

Dear Adolfo,
we are still planning to add the control of Agilent 7820 GC. It is reportedly supported by Agilent ICF libraries, but as it is the first GC supported by ICF in Clarity it still needs some programming on our side. The control is planned into Clarity version 6.2 currently (which should be released on the end of September 2015).
Daniel Mentlí­k
DataApex

Zdenek Telicka
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Post by Zdenek Telicka »

Dear Adolfo,

We have just released Clarity 7.3 which includes for testing new Agilent ICF with control of 7820 GC. I guess it may be interesting for prospective customers.

Kind Regards
zdenek
Zdenek Telicka