Cut start of a chromatogram

You can discuss anything concerning Clarity in this section.
tradat

Cut start of a chromatogram

Post by tradat »

Is it possible to cut the beginning of a chromatogram? In other words: can I delete for example the first minute of a chromatogram within clarity?
My concrete problem is that my real retention time starts with the switching of a valve. The valve is also controlled by clarity, which leaves me with some dead time in the beginning of my chromatogram.
Ofc. I can delete the the extra data points in the raw data, but that is not really comfortable...

best regards
Carsten

Daniel Mentlik
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Re: Cut start of a chromatogram

Post by Daniel Mentlik »

Dear Carsten,
it is not possible in Clarity to have a signal which is not present during the whole course of the analysis (from analysis start to analysis end).

If you could describe your problem in more detail (either here or to support@dataapex.com), ideally with an example of the chromatogram, we might be able to suggest some better approach to your situation than you are currently using.

Best Regards,
Daniel
Daniel Mentlí­k
DataApex

Ivan Vins
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Post by Ivan Vins »

Dear Carsten,

1) any reason to shift the retention times at all? As long as the time shift will be reproducible, it does not influence anything.
2) it is possible to perform some events before the run start, so it may be possible to synchronize start acquisition with turning of the valve - however it will depend on your instrument capabilities
3) in the last Clarity release 5.0.4.158 it is possible to use the Detector Delay operation also on first signal, so adding this operation to the method integration table will enable you to get the desired shift.
Ivan Vinš

tradat

Post by tradat »

Dear Daniel, dear Ivan,

thank you for your suggestions.
Ivan Vins wrote: 3) in the last Clarity release 5.0.4.158 it is possible to use the Detector Delay operation also on first signal, so adding this operation to the method integration table will enable you to get the desired shift.
This is exactly what I was looking for. After updating clarity this works fine and is a great solution for my Problem.

The reason to shift the chromatogram is just to display it neatly and have the correct retention times and chromatographic parameters right away, especially since the offset is not always the same.

Thank you very much.
best regards
Carsten
Carsten