Noise and Drift in nanoRIU units

You can discuss anything concerning Clarity in this section.
rickhorn10

Noise and Drift in nanoRIU units

Post by rickhorn10 »

Hi,
Does any one know what settings to use for an Agilent 1100 Refractive index detector in order to obtain noise and drift units to be reported in nRI and nRI/hr? I'm using 0.1V for the output and 977 x 10^1 for attenuation with a signal range of 10,000 mV and rate of 9.12Hz.
Thank you in advance to anyone able to help,
Rick
Rick Horn

rickhorn10

Re: Noise and Drift in nanoRIU units

Post by rickhorn10 »

I just saw the bug fix list in the latest version (5.04) that probably addresses this issue. So I'm downloading the latest version now to see if this solves my issue.
Thank you
Rick
Rick Horn

rickhorn10

Post by rickhorn10 »

The new version didn't help my issue. So I'm still wondering if it is possible to have the ASTM Noise and the Drift reported as nRI and nRI/hr respectively.
Thanks,
Rick
Rick Horn

rickhorn10

Post by rickhorn10 »

OK, I installed the ICF control in hopes that this is the solution.
I'll see tomorrow.
Rick
Rick Horn

Ivan Vins
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Post by Ivan Vins »

Dear Rick,

the noise and drift are generally dispayed with units used for the respective signal. The solution of your problem will depend on the way the signal is acquired:

Signals aquired from the detector analog output through the A/D board have default units mV, they could be amended in the System, Configuration, Setup, Set Units dialog window. The conversion factor need to be set manually and will be correct onfy for the specific detector Range, eventually Attenuation settings.

Signals aquired digitally throught he communication line use units as programmed in the control module, they could not be amended by user. Both Agilent 1100 and Agilent ICF control modules should provide signal units according to the detector type, that means microRIU for RID. The fix in 5.0.4.158 was about wrong range and order of units for the RID.

Please could you send us a screenshot of the DataAcquisition window showing the noise with mV units, eventually the diagnostic files

c:\clarity\clarity.cfg
c:\clarity\clarity.dsk
c:\clarity\systeminfo.txt
c:\clarity\badtrace.txt and all *.dmp files (may not be present, they are created during some problems only)

c:\clarity\log\ *.audit for the days the problem appeared

chromatogram (*.prm), method (*.met) and sequence (*.seq) files related to the problem for inspection?
Ivan Vinš