Line thickness in Chromatogram Printouts

You can discuss anything concerning Clarity in this section.
stuart

Line thickness in Chromatogram Printouts

Post by stuart »

I find it very useful to be able to make the chromatogram and axis lines thicker, especially when using Clarity for demostration, or when working some distance from the PC. But sometimes I try to print out the chromatograms, and although I have the 'as on screen' option ticked (I know this relates mainly to the zoom level) the chromatogram I print out has the original thin lines. When a report contains coloured chromatograms, this can make the chromatogram almost illegible. Is there a way to print a chromatogram whilst retaining the thicker lines? I would find this very useful for Powerpoint presentations or for training notes.
Dr Stuart Jones

Jiri Kuntos
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Re: Line thickness in Chromatogram Printouts

Post by Jiri Kuntos »

Dear Stuart,
this can be accomplished in dialogue Properties... - Signals, item "Line Width". This dialogue is available in both Data Acquisition or Chromatogram windows, either in "Display" menu or upon right-click on the area of chromatogram chart.
Jiri Kuntos

stuart

Post by stuart »

Hi Jiri

Thank you for your response. I am sorry but I only just noticed it! :shock:

You describe the way to make the line thicker in both windows, which I am doing successfully. My problem is that when I print the chromatograms the line in the printout is not 2 or 3mm but reverts to the thin line. This makes it almost illegible. On the printout, especially if it uses colours.
Dr Stuart Jones

Daniel Mentlik
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Post by Daniel Mentlik »

Dear Stuart,
we have checked the issue and can confirm it somewhat - in fact the setting mentioned manifests the change in the printout too, but the effect is much smaller than in the graph itself and thus not sufficient enough. We have started a new issue for that (ISS62821), will let you know when it is repaired.
Daniel Mentlí­k
DataApex