pda functions

You can discuss anything concerning Clarity in this section.
sindibad

pda functions

Post by sindibad »

n the PDA method setup, I have to set a purity threshold (values comprise 0 to 1000).
I know if it is 1000 than the peak is most probably pur

the set value of absorbance threshold, is it linked to LOQ or LOD?, means the values of signal to noise?, in which case should I put 2 or 5 or 10%
- background correction is only for gradient of mobile phase and if I leave it not cheked?
Many thanks
Last edited by sindibad on Fri May 10, 2019 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
samira

Ivan Vins
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Re: pda functions

Post by Ivan Vins »

Peak Purity value is calculated as a match between the peak apex spectrum and all the spectra thorough the peak boundaries. Perfect match is represented by 1000. The values are plotted in the Peak profile window, the average is reported in the Result table. For pure peaks, the profile should be more or less rectangular.

In the PDA method, Peak Purity section, the Peak Purity Threshold (0-1000) and Absorbance Threshold (0-100%) are used to eliminate spectra not exceeding the set values, as they probably represent just noise and will affect the average value.
Ivan Vinš

sindibad

Post by sindibad »

ok thanks
Last edited by sindibad on Fri May 10, 2019 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
samira

Ivan Vins
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Post by Ivan Vins »

Chromatogram, Add signal in PDA window allows you to create a new signal in chromatogram for selected wavelength. Such signal could then be integrated in the Chromatogram window.

Spectrum, Add to Library in PDA window serves to add the selected spectrum to actually opened Spectral Library

Please refer to the help or manual

http://downloads.dataapex.com/documenta ... ns-pda.pdf
Ivan Vinš