background noise in peaks.

You can discuss anything concerning Clarity in this section.
kathyfsalab

background noise in peaks.

Post by kathyfsalab »

Hi,
I work for a small lab that uses the Clarity software with an Autosampler. When collecting data the peaks shown are very clean with no background noise or any other peaks shown other than expected. However when we open the graph in the Chromatogram window, the preview looks clean and as expected but when the graph is actually opened the same peaks/graph become very unclear.
I was wondering if this could be something to do with the setting on clarity that i could possibly adjust to get cleaner peaks?

Thanks your your help!
Kathy Hu

Daniel Mentlik
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Re: background noise in peaks.

Post by Daniel Mentlik »

Dear Kathy,
may I ask you to send us the chromatogram in question for evaluation (to support@dataapex.com), along with systeminfo.txt file found in the C:/Clarity folder? I will need to check the integration parameters etc. to see the cause of such problems, so far it seems unfamiliar.

As for smoothing the signal, yes, it is possible - Clarity provides you with the possibility to apply the filters to signal - FFT, Savitzky-Golay and Moving Average to select from. Using filters will clean up the signal, but may influence the size and shape of the peaks in some cases, so it is necessary to use those with caution, and when used, then on both calibration standards and unknown samples.

There may be some other solution to your problem, however until I see the chromatogram, I cannot be sure.

Best Regards,
Daniel
Daniel Mentlí­k
DataApex