Unexpected STOPPING state (YL9100 and Agilent 1200)

You can discuss anything concerning Clarity in this section.
lilylara

Unexpected STOPPING state (YL9100 and Agilent 1200)

Post by lilylara »

I am using a Young-Lin 9100 Series HPLC (9110 Pump, 9131 Thermostat, 9120 UV/Vis det) with an Agilent 1200 series FLD detector (G1321B). Clarity version is 3.0.4.444.
I am encounreing a problem with sottping runs. Analysis time is set into the method as 32 min. The Agilent is set to 27 min run time and 5 post time (I tried 32 min run time, and OFF for post time, and olso OFF for both). After 32 min the sequence says "Stopping", however it does not stop.
I read the Agilent 1100 series HELP file (there is no 1200 series help), and found that LC gradient should have that time ponts - checked, it has. I filled the autosample and other parts analysis times too (thermostat, and others), experimented with the values also. After removing and readding the device in configuration it worked on one machine (with clarity version 4.0.1.700) for a while, but after some configuration the problem reappeared.
I am alsohaving some errors when sending method to device, and of course sometimes the analysis wont start, with "Waiting" in sequence.
I tried the options in the HELP file, and also I am not having a full Agilent 1100 system (for what the HELP file is written).
What other things can I try? I can send you the log files if that helps.
kaiyara

Ivan Vins
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Re: Unexpected STOPPING state (YL9100 and Agilent 1200)

Post by Ivan Vins »

Dear lilylara,

as the post is off topic for this thread, we will move it to separate thread.

Stopping state occurs typically when data expected by Clarity from detector were not received. In your configuration it is most probably caused by the System, Configuration, Settings, where the selected options for the start signal do not match the actual system wiring.

There are two items to be set:

1) Ext. Start (digital input) Should be YL9120 Pin 1

2) Agilent 1200 setup, Detector Tab, Enable Start from Clarity Should be checked

In case this checkbox is not checked, Clarity expects the start will be comming through the FLD and does not send instructions for start run to it (it will cause error when the detector will be already running). So the detector does not start and thus give data, which causes the stopping at end of run.

There is alternative wiring (the YL HPLC will start the FLD detector by wire), in this case the pin for the Ext.Start need to be set to none (---) and the Enable ... checkbox must be disabled, the start signal will come through the FLD.
Ivan Vinš