Agilent 1100, uWPS (G1377A), CapPump(1376A) non-LAN control

You can discuss anything concerning Clarity in this section.
bwransom

Agilent 1100, uWPS (G1377A), CapPump(1376A) non-LAN control

Post by bwransom »

Hello,

Is it possible to control Agilent 1100 series micro-WPS [well plate sampler, p/n G1377A], and cap-pumps [p/n G1376A] without an agilent LAN card? If so, what Clarity & Agilent components are necessary, and where can I find materials detailing how to set up such a connection?

Some background:
I have found two places on the Data Apex website that talk about Agilent 1100 compatibility 1) "agilent 1100 and 1200 systems Control" at <http://www.dataapex.com/product.php?id= ... nt1100.php> and 2) "agilent ICF HPLC Control" http://www.dataapex.com/products.php?do ... earch=1377. The former, which, in the manual linked to on that page, includes descriptions of how to connect agilent 1100 series components to Clarity without using an agilent LAN cad, does not list the part numbers I gave above as compatible components (although the manual and the webpage imply that all 1100 series components are compatible with clarity via non-LAN connections). The 2nd DataApex webpage I listed does list the Agilent components I indicated as compatible, but describes connection via "Agilent ICF," which requires that my components be equipped with an Agilent LAN card that I do not have.

Thanks for your help,

Ben
bwransom@umn.edu
Ben Ransom

Ivan Vins
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Re: Agilent 1100, uWPS (G1377A), CapPump(1376A) non-LAN control

Post by Ivan Vins »

Dear Ben,

the info on web is corrrect - there are two control modules for Agilent 1100/1200 systems available:

older one (no further developed)

Agilent 1100/1200 control, based on the communication protocols for individual modules as obtained from Agilent. It supports just a limited selection of modules, but supports both GP-IB and LAN communication.

and a new one

Agilent ICF control module, based on the Agilent Instrument Framework Control Libraries. This one supports wide range of control modules and is furher developed by Agilent, however does not support the GP-IB or RS-232 communication.

Note, the new 1200 series modules (probably including your listed ones) do no more have the built in GP-IB communication, so the LAN is currently the only communication mode available. You may use the G1369 LAN board for one of the system components (new detectors have the LAN communication build in).
Ivan Vinš