Sample Amount - Sequence Table

You can discuss anything concerning Clarity in this section.
marcojfelix

Sample Amount - Sequence Table

Post by marcojfelix »

In the result table my amount(conc) is not taking in consideration the value entered in the Sample Amount field available in the sequence table. Only the value entered in the Sample Dilut. is used.
I need the amount(conc) to be divided by the sample amont and multiplied by the Sample Dilut.....the same way other CDS do (example: EZChrom, Chemstation and Enpower).
Sample dilut. works, but sample amount does not for amount(conc).

I noticed there's another amont(%), this data takes in consideration the sample amount and sample dilut., but it is fixed in % (multiply the amont(conc) by 100).

I think this is a bug, isn't it ? In my opinion it does not make sense that I can't use the sample amount for calculate my amount(conc), right ? Or am I doing something wrong ?

Best,
Marco Felix
Marco Felix

Ivan Vins
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Re: Sample Amount - Sequence Table

Post by Ivan Vins »

Dear Marco,

this is designed behaviour - when the Sample Amount is set to non zero value, it will replace the calculated total in Amount (unit) column to calculate the Amount(%) column.

Refer to the HELP or manuals for the respective calculations used.

You could however create an user column to perform the desired calculaton. Note however the behavior in calculating total may be slightly different in case groups or internal standard will be used.
Ivan Vinš