Batch process

You can discuss anything concerning Clarity in this section.
lewiscrouch

Batch process

Post by lewiscrouch »

Hello,

I was looking to use the batch process to reprocess a sequence. The sequence chromatograms are stored in a subdirectory of data so they do not show up in the batch process window. Is there any way to use batch process when the chromatograms are not stored in the 'Data' directory? If i try to use process by sequence, I can select the sequence file, but nothing actually happens, presumably because the chromatograms are not in the Data directory? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Lewis Crouch

Daniel Mentlik
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Re: Batch process

Post by Daniel Mentlik »

Dear Lewis,
unfortunately the functionality to work with subdirectories from Single Run and Sequence was added additionally, and the current design of the Batch dialog does not allow such late changes. Even the reprocess of the Sequence file which consists subdirectories is not possible.

I have added this as a Suggestion 53274 in our internal bug tracking database, however this will need quite a massive rewrite of the Batch dialog, so I would not bet on it being done in next few months.

I can only have one suggestion, which is to copy the chromatograms to working directory, reprocess them and get them back, however I understand this is not something you would like to do on regular basis.
Daniel Mentlí­k
DataApex

lewiscrouch

Re: Batch process

Post by lewiscrouch »

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the reply. It is certainly a big feature that I would definately like to have. It is our policy that all chromatograms from a single run should be integrated consistently with the same integration parameters, so if after a run is complete we find the original parameters are not sufficient we then have to manually go through each injection and update the settings. So obviously the batch process would be a great time saver.

Thanks for the info anyway.

Kind regards,
Lewis Crouch