Sequence will not run

You can discuss anything concerning Clarity in this section.
kelley

Sequence will not run

Post by kelley »

Hello, I am helping a paint company do solvent analyses using an HP 5890 (TCD), 7673 auto sampler and Clarity Lite (Version 2.6.3.313). We have very little GC experience. I have the most but my experience is from the early 1980's.

For some reason no sequence will run. When "run" is selected the first line of the sequence turns red. If the cursor is placed over the first line the following message is displayed "Not all analysis were finished on this line (vial 1/ inj 1). I have rebooted the GC, auto sampler and Clarity Lite but still get the same error.

Could you please send me in the right direction to correct this condition.

Thanks,

Louis Holzknecht
Louis Holzknecht

Daniel Mentlik
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Re: Sequence will not run

Post by Daniel Mentlik »

Dear Louis,
please let me know whether we are talking about the station 11-44989.

To be able to help you in full, I will need more information on the wiring of the GC/Autosampler/INT7 set. Please try to check which wires go between these three parts - a photo would be very helpful.
What you are experiencing is start synchronization not going OK - when you start the sequence, Clarity (Lite) sends the "start allowed" signal to the autosampler, which should start injecting. If it does not, then the wiring is not correct or the levels settings does not work OK. The autosampler should be connected with the INT7 card using the INT7's ReadyOut1 wire going into the special interconnection cable between 5890 and 7673. When the sampler injects, it starts the 5890 and Clarity is notified of the change by INT7's StartIn1 wire once again connected to the 5890-7673 interconnection cable.

Please, send us the needed description to support@dataapex.com so we can guide you through correct wiring.

Best Regards,
Daniel
Daniel Mentlí­k
DataApex

kelley

Post by kelley »

Thanks Daniel.

Yes the station is 011-44989.

I only help part time at the paint company so I am not at the work station at this time.

I should mention that the GC-PC-Autosampler has been wired and working for two years. We will check to make sure the connections are tight.

I just got a phone call from a colleague at the paint company who said a sequence just ran although the autosampler tried to pick up one more sample vial after all sample vials had been injected.

He also said the chromatogram displays data for Det 1(FID) and Det 2(TCD) in the upper right hand area. We are only using Det 2(TCD). Unfortunately the only quantitative calculations are made on the Det 1 data. Response values displayed by Det 1 chromatogram are not the same as the response values on the Det 2 chromatogram.

Louis
Louis Holzknecht

Daniel Mentlik
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Post by Daniel Mentlik »

Dear Louis,
this really looks like some synchronization issues and without the necessary information on how the analyses are performed, I will not be able to find a proper solution.

The best option in this case would be, if the station is connected to the Internet, a remote session via TeamViewer - third party tool for accessing remote computers. I would be able to connect to the station and check the diagnostic files for myself - you would only need to download and run this TeamViewer client, and send me the ID and password to support@dataapex.com . Please be advised of the time zone difference - best option would be contacting us via the email prior to the session and suggesting some time for the session.

If TeamViewer is not the option, then I will need the diagnostic files for the station, once again sent to our email address. What files are necessary can be found in Clarity Lite Technical Support Note. Do not forget to attach a sample sequence and chromatogram. Also I will need some questions answered - please describe in more detail how the sequence synchronization is performed, how the sequence is set in the autosampler and also whether you are using active or passive sequence in Clarity Lite.

Please note the calibration calculations on different signals are completely independent, thus if one signal is calibrated and the second one is not, the results will be different (they might be slightly different even if you calibrate both signals). What you have described here shows wrong calibration use - I can help you with setting it correctly in the TeamViewer session or you can check yourself in Clarity Lite online help, Getting Started Guide or online Clarity Guide. You should create the calibration on the signal you are using, and you can also disable the other signal if you would like to, simplifying the display if you wish.

Best Regards,
Daniel
Daniel Mentlí­k
DataApex