Different columns available in Result to Summary

You can discuss anything concerning Clarity in this section.
lcrouch

Different columns available in Result to Summary

Post by lcrouch »

Hello,

I recently archived some projects from our Clarity station and created new ones to replace them. There now seems to be different columns available for display in the 'Results' view to the 'Summary' view when working with the chromatograms. Previously the same were available in both. The summary view now lacks the various columns such as Efficiency, Tailing, Asymmetry etc. Is there a way to restore these columns to the summary view. Clicking on add column does not display any of the required parameters.

Thanks,
Lewis Crouch

Daniel Mentlik
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Re: Different columns available in Result to Summary

Post by Daniel Mentlik »

Dear Lewis,
sure it is possible to set up the display you want. When you invoke the Summary Columns Setup dialog (Setup Columns... command from the context menu on the Summary Table), note that there are two tabs in the dialog. The first one (Common - switched on by default) allows you to set the columns specific for the whole chromatogram/signal, while the second tab (Summary) holds the columns specific for particular compounds. Amongst these you can find Efficiency, Tailing etc.

One more word of note - these settings are saved in the desktop file (which saves preferences for the user), so they should not vanish between two different projects for the same user. In case you are using user accounts in Clarity, then each user will have to set this to have the user columns in the tables the same, or you can use the same desktop file for all users.
Best Regards,
Daniel
Daniel Mentlí­k
DataApex

lcrouch

Post by lcrouch »

Hi Daniel,

Thanks, but as you can see from screen shots I have attached those options do not appear in the summary column options (shot 1+2). They only appear in the results table column options (shot 3). They previously did appear in the summary options also, but no longer do after creating the new projects.

Thanks,
Attachments
column options in results view
column options in results view
summary columns options after clicking 'add column..'
summary columns options after clicking 'add column..'
summary columns options
summary columns options
Lewis Crouch

Daniel Mentlik
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Post by Daniel Mentlik »

Dear Lewis,
this is really weird - in such case I will definitely need more information to solve the issue. I will contact you shortly over e-mail to arrange further steps.

EDIT: The situation was successfully solved by pressing the Default button in the Setup Columns dialog, in case someone experiences similar issue.

Best Regards,
Daniel
Daniel Mentlí­k
DataApex