waiting for external start

You can discuss anything concerning Clarity in this section.
RobertRoos

waiting for external start

Post by RobertRoos »

Hi

The HPLC system is an agilent 1100 and the clarity version is 2.8.1.584

I setup my sequence and wnat to run it, but then he is waiting for the external start and doesn't start at all. when i remove the external start, clarity says there have to be an external start.

how shall i proceed?

Cheers
Robert Roos

Jiri Kuntos
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Re: waiting for external start

Post by Jiri Kuntos »

Hi,

to find out the reason we need to check the diagnostic files from your station, namely:
c:\clarity\clarity.cfg
c:\clarity\clarity.dsk
c:\clarity\systeminfo.txt
c:\clarity\log\ *.audit for the days the problem appeared

please send them to support@dataapex.com.

As a first guess I can recommend you to check the state of "Enable to start devices from Clarity" checkbox in Agilent 1100 Setup dialog, for proper function with autosampler it should be unchecked.

Jiri Kuntos
Jiri Kuntos

RobertRoos

Post by RobertRoos »

Hi

Thanks.

I send the files to the adress that you gave me. I also checked the box and it is unchecked. Is it right that this box is only in the VWD detector?

Cheers
Robert
Robert Roos

Ivan Vins
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Post by Ivan Vins »

Dear Robert,

yes, the Enable start from Clarity checkbox is present in the Agilent 1100 setup only for detectors (VWD in your case).

Note the Waiting for External Start probably indicates you are trying to run from the Single Analysis window - In Clarity for controlled autosamplers (like is your case) the Sequence window must be used (there is no field for the Vial number in the Single analysis window).

There is lot of checks performed by the sequence (valid vial position, injection volume etc.) which are dependent on the actually used method and which will be quite complicated to perform also in the Single analysis window.
Ivan Vinš