YL HPLC with Agilent 1200 FLD problem

You can discuss anything concerning Clarity in this section.
lorylaci

YL HPLC with Agilent 1200 FLD problem

Post by lorylaci »

Hello,

I am using a Young-Lin 9100 Series HPLC (9110 Pump, 9131 Thermostat, 9120 UV/Vis det) with an Agilent 1200 series FLD detector (G1321B). Clarity version is 3.0.4.444.
I am encounreing a problem with sottping runs. Analysis time is set into the method as 32 min. The Agilent is set to 27 min run time and 5 post time (I tried 32 min run time, and OFF for post time, and olso OFF for both). After 32 min the sequence says "Stopping", however it does not stop.
I read the Agilent 1100 series HELP file (there is no 1200 series help), and found that LC gradient should have that time ponts - checked, it has. I filled the autosample and other parts analysis times too (thermostat, and others), experimented with the values also. After removing and readding the device in configuration it worked on one machine (with clarity version 4.0.1.700) for a while, but after some configuration the problem reappeared.
I am alsohaving some errors when sending method to device, and of course sometimes the analysis wont start, with "Waiting" in sequence.
I tried the options in the HELP file, and also I am not having a full Agilent 1100 system (for what the HELP file is written).
What other things can I try? I can send you the log files if that helps.

Regards,
Laszlo Lorantfy
Lorantfy Laszlo - Fumoprep Ltd Hungary
YL91xx HPLC-UV-CAD-FLD, YL91xx HPLC-UV, YL6100 GC

Ivan Vins
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Re: YL HPLC with Agilent 1200 FLD problem

Post by Ivan Vins »

Dear Laszlo,

the diagnostic files will be helpful (replace c:\clarity with your station installation directory where appropriate:

c:\clarity\clarity.cfg
c:\clarity\clarity.dsk
c:\clarity\systeminfo.txt
c:\clarity\badtrace.txt and all *.dmp files (may not be present, they are created during some problems only)

c:\clarity\log\ *.audit for the days the problem appeared

chromatogram (*.prm), method (*.met) and sequence (*.seq) files related to the problem

This will help us to diagnose the problem and suggest some solution.

Ivan Vinš
Ivan Vinš

lorylaci

Post by lorylaci »

Ivan Vins wrote:
the diagnostic files will be helpful (replace c:\clarity with your station installation directory where appropriate:
Dear Ivan,

Attached you will find the needed files.
The date of the issue is 2012.10.30
Send.zip
Diagnostic files
(165.57 KiB) Downloaded 263 times
Lorantfy Laszlo - Fumoprep Ltd Hungary
YL91xx HPLC-UV-CAD-FLD, YL91xx HPLC-UV, YL6100 GC

Ivan Vins
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Post by Ivan Vins »

Dear Laszlo,

thank you for the files. In your system, the Stopping problem is most probably related to the "Enable start by Clarity" checkbox in the System, Configuration, Agilent 1200, FLD detector setup.

It has to be checked in case the detector will not be started as part of the 1200 system or by its remote connector, but will receive the start from Clarity like in your case, where the start signal is received from sampler through the pump digital input.

Ivan Vins
Ivan Vinš