Valco valve problem after upgrading to 4.0

You can discuss anything concerning Clarity in this section.
ScottHorn

Valco valve problem after upgrading to 4.0

Post by ScottHorn »

I just upgraded one of my Clarity stations (2 instruments) to the latest version (4.0.1.700). Both instruments use Valco selector valves. Since the upgrade I've had some strange behavior from both instruments. For example, I have an instrument with one valve associated with it. If I try to send a method to the instrument that instructs the valve to go to position x when the valve is already in position x, I recieve an error message "Error 10003: type of valve, name of valve: Failed to send method to sub-device". The same error occurs if I try to start an analysis using a method in which the valve should go to position x when the valve is already in that position. As a temporary fix I just set the valve to another position, then start the analysis, which sets it to the correct position. Events in the event table which instruct the valve to go to a position that it is already in do not generate this error message. It seems as if Clarity it expecting some kind of response that is not generated when the valve doesn't actually move, but that's just a guess. I cannot access that PC to send you any diagnostic files right now, but I can send them to you tomorrow if necessary. Do you think removing and re-installing the valves in the configuration window might have any effect?

Thanks

Scott Horn
Scott Horn

Ivan Vins
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Re: Valco valve problem after upgrading to 4.0

Post by Ivan Vins »

Dear Scott,

the problem was caused by changes in the VICI-VALCO valves driver ni Clarity 4.0. to support the new Universal Actuator.

Unfortunately the responses to commands are undocumented and differ for different older model actuator firmware versions. We will fix this in a next Clarity update.
Ivan Vinš