Unidentified peaks response factor

You can discuss anything concerning Clarity in this section.
adedf

Unidentified peaks response factor

Post by adedf »

Dear all,

Is it possible to enter, instead of the value, a pointer to a known component in the calibration table?
This will allow the automatic recalibration for the unknown peaks as well.

Best regards
Ade

Daniel Mentlik
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Re: Unidentified peaks response factor

Post by Daniel Mentlik »

Dear Ademaro,
please could you describe in more detail how exactly do you want to use the calculations of unidentified peaks? I am sure we can come up with a solution.

Aside from that, response factor for non-identified peaks can be set on two places in Clarity. The first one is in the section Undefined Peaks on the Method Setup - Calculation tab, and the value entered here will be used as a response for any peak not present in the calibration file resulting from the given method. The value can be later changed for particular chromatogram from the Chromatogram window, Results tab, right section.

The other way how to set custom responses for unidentified peaks, this time individual to particular peaks, is by using the Free calibration option. Please check the chapter 3.6.2 in the Clarity Reference Guide (for download on our web pages, here) for detailed description of the function and the types of calculations in Clarity.

Best Regards,
Daniel
Daniel Mentlí­k
DataApex

adedf

Post by adedf »

Dear Daniel,

The scope is quantify the peaks not in the calibration table by assigning the response factor of a peak whose RF is in the calibration table.
Example: In a chromatogram you may have many peaks, not listed in the calibration table, and you want these peaks reported as they were n-hexane ( that is one of the calibrated peaks).

I understand that Clarity let me assign a RF, but not the RF of a peak in the calibration table.
Is that correct ? Is there any workaround?

best regards
Ade

Ivan Vins
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Post by Ivan Vins »

Dear Ademaro,

there are two ways to solve this:

1) Manually copy the hexane response factor from Calibration to the Calculation tab, unidentified peak response.
2) Add the unknown peaks to the calibration table and assign them the hexane response factor using the Calculate by column (hidden by default, use Setup columns in the Calibration table).
3) In case there is variable number and positions of such peaks, you could assign them as a group and calibrate it in the above suggested way.

Best regard

Ivan
Ivan Vinš

adedf

Post by adedf »

Dear Ivan,

The solution 3) is the viable one.
Unfortunately I'm not able to implement it.
I can implement solution 2)as described, but applying it to a peak group shows an error on the "peak type" column.
I'll send you the screenshot by mail.
Can you help?

Best regards
Ade

Ivan Vins
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Post by Ivan Vins »

Dear Ademaro,

sorry for the wrong info, the Calculate By option is not implemented for Groups. Will be fixed in some future version.

Ivan Vins
Ivan Vinš