Peak width

You can discuss anything concerning Clarity in this section.
vcsneo

Peak width

Post by vcsneo »

Hi there, I had got a small noise peak near my C1 chromatograph. But Clarity Lite is taking it as the total area for my C1, which caused my calibration to be out. How do I define the peak width in Clarity Lite? Sorry... I am still new at this. Please advise.
Vincent Neo

Daniel Mentlik
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Re: Peak width

Post by Daniel Mentlik »

Dear Vincent,
to set up the global peak width (minimum peak width for the whole chromatogram) or local peak width (for a selected interval in the chromatogram only, overwriting the global peak width there), you may use the Global Peak Width and Local Peak Width commands, respectively. They are present in the toolbars as icons (by default to the left of the chromatogram graph) or via the Chromatogram - Global Peak Width menu item (Chromatogram - Integration - Local Peak Width, respectively). I strongly recommend to use only the Global Peak Width parameter to keep the integration table simple.
When you have these set for your sample chromatogram, you might want to apply them to any other chromatograms you will measure in the future according to the same method. To do so, switch to the Integration tab in the chromatogram window and copy the number in the Global Peak Width row. Then open the method you want to update in the Clarity Lite window, use the Method - Integration command and set the copied number to the Global Peak Width row there. After saving the method, every new chromatogram measured according to the given method will have the Global Peak Width parameter already set.

Just to make sure that the problem is not elsewhere, could you, please, send us the chromatogram in question to support@dataapex.com for inspection? We will be able to advise you better then.

Best Regards,
Daniel
Daniel Mentlí­k
DataApex