Valve control issue

You can discuss anything concerning Clarity in this section.
ScottHorn

Valve control issue

Post by ScottHorn »

I'm using several Rheodyne Titan MX valves in some of my instruments. I recently had an issue that arises when trying to edit an existing method, create a new one, or use any method that involves setting the valve to a specific position in the even table. I fill out all the required fields as usual, but when I select "Position", the field for specifying the desired position doesn't appear like it usually does. I loaded some of my old methods and this field has disappeared in them as well. Clarity will not allow me to continue if I've started editing the event table in these methods. It presents an error message saying that I need to specify the valve position, but again, the field for that never appears. I have no problems controlling the valves manually, through the device monitor as well as in the utility supplied by Rheodyne. I'm pretty sure I've ruled out a hardware problem, and I'm currently re-installing Clarity to see if that solves the problem. If so I will post a message to let you know. Do you have idea what could be the cause and how I might fix this and avoid it in the future?

Scott Horn
Scott Horn

ScottHorn

Re: Valve control issue

Post by ScottHorn »

I finished re-installing Clarity (including reinstall of the drivers). This seems to have solved the problem. The "Parameter" field has re-appeared in the event tables of all my methods. This problem appeared immediately before the failure of the power supply in my PC, and remained after I replaced it, but I have no idea whether the two were related somehow. I'd still be curious to hear any ideas you may have, but for now the issue seems to be resolved.

Scott Horn
Scott Horn

Daniel Mentlik
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Re: Valve control issue

Post by Daniel Mentlik »

Dear Scott,
I have never seen Clarity doing anything similar, but if I was to expect weird behaviour, it would be in the Event Table - this part of Clarity is very complex and highly vulnerable to errors when any changes in Clarity Configuration occur. There is a link between device ID's from configuration (which may change when you for example delete some device you have multiples of configured) and rows in the Event Table (where the ID is hard-set). This may lead to unexpected behaviour, most of the time it is just event table rows not being valid.

Other than that, I can only think of possibility that the Parameter column was hidden - it was present, but less than 1 pixel wide. You could display it, if it is the case, by double-clicking on the splitter between the Output and Store columns.

Anyway, I am glad the problem got solved for you, troubleshooting a behaviour we have never experienced and cannot reproduce is quite difficult.

Best Regards,
Daniel
Daniel Mentlí­k
DataApex