CTC communication problem

You can discuss anything concerning Clarity in this section.
claritydisko

CTC communication problem

Post by claritydisko »

I have a communication problem with the clarity software and the CTC combi pal. When I start a sequence the autsoampler will start and inject a sample. After finishing the run, (cooling down the GC, waiting for the stabilization time,) sometimes the next sample will start sometimes not. I have to abort the sequence and restart it. This give, I think, a reset to the autosampler. Did anyone know this problem and can help me?
I followed the setup instruction of data apex from 26.5.10 except for "Sync Signals - Start Source Immediate" in the CTC autosampler menu because this caused an immediate start of the sampler without waiting for GC (Dani master GC) ready.

Best regards

U. Disko
Ulrich Disko

Jiri Kuntos
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Re: CTC communication problem

Post by Jiri Kuntos »

This looks that some synchronization signals are not wired properly. You need to propagate the Ready and Start signal through both devices, please look into Clarity - Getting Started guide for some examples of wiring with autosamplers (Chapter 6, especially variants 6.1 or 6.5 according to type of contact on the GC).
It will also help greatly if you describe us the actual wiring on your set - what you have connected, which input on which device, cables used etc...

Best Regards
Jiri Kuntos
Jiri Kuntos

claritydisko

Re: CTC communication problem

Post by claritydisko »

Dear Jiri
Thanks for your response. Here the wiring:
From the CTC Combi Pal Interface IN/OUT DANI Master Remote (looking from Top)
Connection 3 5
Connection 4 6
Connection 7 3
Connection 8 4
From AS Com 1 to Com3 port of the PC with an RS232 cable
Following settings in the CTC menu was done

Submenu Parameter Value
Out Signals - Injected
Destination SW-Out1
Pulse Time 1.0 s
Sync Signals - Start Source Immediate

Best regards