universal calibration

You can discuss anything concerning Clarity in this section.
madalinus

universal calibration

Post by madalinus »

Hello,

Is there a way to define the Mark-Houwink parameters for the samples to be analyzed in the method? Whenever I have to analyze a chromatogram, I have to load K and a (of the samples) for each chromatogram in order to obtain the results based on universal calibration.

And also: how can you select various peaks from a chromatogram and apply different K and a for each peak? I am working with mixtures of polymers and I know the retention time for each component (that have different K and a).

All the best.
madalina natu

Ivan Vins
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Re: universal calibration

Post by Ivan Vins »

The K and Alpha are defined in the Single Analysis window or Sequence table before measurement.

Since version 2.6.4 the values specified in Single Analysis window are applied also to imported chromatograms. The integration and calculation parameteres from method opened on instrument are applied to the imported chromatograms.

Later on they could be manually changed in the Chromatogram window.

The same K and Alpha values are applied to all peaks in a chromatogram. As a workaround in your situation I will suggest to evaluate each peak separately - i.e. prepare different method to integrate just the peak of interest, set the appropriate K and Alpha and import the chromatograms. Then change the method to suit the other peak, set corresponding K and Alpha values and import the chromatograms again (preferably to a different project).
Ivan Vinš