Measurement units dissappear in the integration page

You can discuss anything concerning Clarity in this section.
mgasperini

Measurement units dissappear in the integration page

Post by mgasperini »

When you open a new or old method in the integration page of the method setup, measurement units are missed, for example mV for Global Threshold.
The measurement units reappear only when you send the method to GC.
Michela Gasperini

Daniel Mentlik
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Re: Measurement units dissappear in the integration page

Post by Daniel Mentlik »

Dear Michela,
as much as I tried to reproduce the behavior here, I wasn't able to do so on our A/D converter boards. It would help me greatly if you could tell me which type of Clarity (Clarity Full, Clarity Lite) and which version you were using while experiencing the issue, and to which device the integration table belongs.
Without a detector signal added to the instrument, the Integration table is still displayed, but without a signal units as Clarity does not know the units (does not know what device to ask for them).
If a detector is present on the Instrument, Clarity asks the device to which the signal belongs for units. Wrong or missing response from the device might cause the behavior, but I'm not able to test it without the knowledge of the detector itself.

Best Reagards,
Daniel Mentlik
Daniel Mentlí­k
DataApex

mgasperini

Post by mgasperini »

Dear Daniel,
we're working with a Clarity full (2.8.1.584) connected to a Dani Master GC (1 injector, 1 detector FID).
We use a LAN communication and we control the GC by a Dani driver, but this problem there is with the Agilent 5890 driver too.

Thank you for your attention

Best regards

Michela
Michela Gasperini

Daniel Mentlik
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Post by Daniel Mentlik »

I'm still not able to reproduce the issue on the Agilent 5890 (do you have digital acquisition set for the module?), but have created a new bug for programmers to inspect the issue. Have not tried with the Dani Master so far, though.

Please, can you send us the diagnostic files for the case - clarity.cfg being the most important one, as described in the Clarity support note? Given method for which the issue happens would be helpful too. The e-mail address for the files is support@dataapex.com

Internal issue tracking ID: 32055
Daniel Mentlí­k
DataApex

mgasperini

Post by mgasperini »

Dear Daniel,
I send you Clarity.cfg to configure Clarity and 2 images to explain the problem.
I configured (Demo mode) the HP 5890 with a single Detector (Demo-1). When I open the instrument and then the Method Setup pages, I note the "Value" cell of the "Global Threshold" haven't the measure unit.
I click on the GC Tab, I press "Send Method" button and I return on the Integration Tab.
The measure unit appears

Thank you

Michela
Attachments
Problems in Integration Tab2.jpg
Problems in Integration Tab1.jpg
Michela Gasperini