Batch reprocessing: with different calibration files

You can discuss anything concerning Clarity in this section.
michaellessing

Batch reprocessing: with different calibration files

Post by michaellessing »

Hey guys,

thank you very much for your fast and serious help with every problem. Could you please advice me about the following. Imagine that you have one instrument online, a second instrument for offline analysis and you have started a vitamin C analysis on instrument 1 still running. Because my customers want to use one separate calibration file for each day, I save the name of the new calibration file (e.g. 180809_vitC.cal with standard chromatogram 180809_std.prm) into the method before I start the series. During the run of today's sequence I want to reprocess an older sequence of vit_C (e.g. 170809_vitC.seq) sequentially with different older standard chromatograms (e.g. 170809_std.prm, 160809_std.prm, 150809_std.prm) as my customers do when it comes to external quality testing in laboratory medecine. How can I proceed? I do not want to change the calibration file (180809_std.prm) in the method calculation menu because I do not want to perturb today's chromatogram's link to that file, so "Reprocess by Instrument Method" not seems to be a possible option for me. The main question is: Is there an easy way to reprocess one older series with a calibration file different from that actually saved and used in the method? Hope I could make myself clear.

With best regards

Michael
Michael

Ivan Vins
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Re: Batch reprocessing: with different calibration files

Post by Ivan Vins »

There are two ways to batch reprocess chromatograms with different calibration:

Complete sequence reprocess will perform all actions specified in the measured sequence file (for the blue marked lines) including recalibration of the specified levels in the linked calibration file. The methods specified in the sequence will be applied. In case they were modified, only the integration and calculation parameters will be changed (measurement and acquisition will stay unchanged). In such case modifing the method (defining different calibration file) will however affect also the sequence in progress in case it uses the same method. Making a separate copy of the method for each sequence will be a solution if such situation will be common.

Reprocess by instrument method will apply the integration and calculation parameters from the method actually opened on the instrument. This method could be different from the one used in the running sequence, thus making a copy of the method and changing the calibration file in the copy will be an easy solution. The calibration will however have to be calibrated manually.

Please note, during the reprocess any modifications made in the individual chromatogram integration table will be lost as it will be entirely replaced from the applied method.
Ivan Vinš

michaellessing

Post by michaellessing »

Hello again,

thank you for your answer, but wouldn't it be possible to have something like "Reprocess by calibration file" in addition to "Complete Reprocessing" and "Reprocess by instrument method" certainly understanding that the actually in the instrument opened method is used (except for the there specified calibration file). This would be really helpful, because already having a calibration file for each day is enough data, I am not really glad to have to advice my customer that he now has to save different methods when he only wants to reprocess with different calibration files.

With best regards

Michael
Michael

Ivan Vins
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Post by Ivan Vins »

During Sequence run, the method used for acquisition is defined by the Sequence table - you can open any other method on the instrument and it will not influence the currently acquired chromatograms. Thus there is no problem to create a copy of the used method by the Save As command, modify the integration and calculation parameters including the link to the calibration file and apply it to old chromatograms using the Reprocess by Instrument method option.

A suggestion for a new option was made to preserve the integration table (with individual fixes) during the reprocessing, thus only the calculation tab parameters will be aplied in such case.
Ivan Vinš