Working with separate calibration file for each series

You can discuss anything concerning Clarity in this section.
michaellessing

Working with separate calibration file for each series

Post by michaellessing »

Hello

because of GLP-issues my customer (in clinical diagnostics) wants to work with a separate calibration file for each series. This is important especially when they measure external quality control samples. The problem we faced is the following: When we have established a new calibration file (e.g. 090730_kate.cal) with the new standard chromatogram (e.g. 090730_std.prm) for the new series and saved it and then reopen an older calibration file (e.g. 090729_kate.cal) I will still see the new standard chromatogram and not the older standard chromatogram corresponding to the older calibration file which would be more logic. Certainly the values in the older calibration table are those derived from the older standard chromatogram and won't change. But when I open an older calibration file I will never know again with which standard chromatogram I have worked to derive the values in this calibration table. I hope I could be clear on this problem, this really seems to me like a bug in the software because there is no possibility of tracing the calibration file back to the standard used. For me this seems to be related to the problem that I can not report the name of the standard chromatogram I have used in the reported calibration file.

I would very much appreciate your advice in this subject. Thanks a lot.

Michael
Michael

Ivan Vins
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Re: Working with separate calibration file for each series

Post by Ivan Vins »

The calibration file and standard chromatogram opened in the Calibration window are completely independent - in fact to automate such link will be rather complicated. Please consider that a single calibration file with multiple levels and recalibrations is linked to many standard chromatograms and one standard could be eventually used to create several calibration files.

Clarity supports GLP requirements and of course there is a full traceability how the calibration file was created. Besides the Calibration file audit trail recording all modifications (with the relevant Audit trail options checked) there is the Calibration History - in the individual compoud tab in Calibration window right click the selected level and use the Show history command to display a table with the selected point recalibration details. This Calibration history could be printed as well.
Ivan Vinš