Clarity Problems

You can discuss anything concerning Clarity in this section.
Steve Wright

Clarity Problems

Post by Steve Wright »

Hello all,

I was hoping that somebody could help me with a problem i've got with my Clarity software.

A few months ago the system had a serious crash and lost all user accounts and had to be set up again. A new project was created (as the existing had been damaged during the crash) and ever since then i cannot get sequences to start running. The main screen just says "waiting" with no signs of doing anything.

I did have a problem with single runs not printing but i think i've got that sorted now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Steve

Jan Hruby
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Re: Clarity Problems

Post by Jan Hruby »

Dear Steve,
to help you we would need more information about your system and circumstances. Based on our records you work on Agilent 1100.
It would be fine to send us a standard report files by command Help - Send Report by E-mail from main Clarity window or manually files listed in the following document http://downloads.dataapex.com/documenta ... t-Note.pdf.

Beside of it there is a general recomendation:
The label Waiting means the station is a single injection mode, please invoke command Sequence - Run from Sequence window. The label should change to Waiting for Injection

Jan
Jan Hrubý

Steve Wright

Post by Steve Wright »

Hi Jan,

I am unable to email these douments to you. The attachment is either too big or the file extension is not allowed.

Any other suggestions?

Steve

PS i have tried to run a sequence as you suggest but the waiting message does not change
Steve Wright

Daniel Mentlik
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Post by Daniel Mentlik »

Dear Steve,
the fastest way (if your computer with Clarity is connected to the internet) is actually the sending of these files from the Clarity itself, using the Help - Send Report by Email command from the main Clarity window. Using the command will create a new message in your default mail client (e.g. Outlook) with some of the needed files already attached. Other needed files (which cannot be added automatically because their names may vary) should be added according to the D013 document Jan mentioned in his post.

If the computer is not connected to the internet, this variant is not usable. In such case copy the necessary files to a flash disk and send them as an attachment(s) with the mail to support@dataapex.com . If your mail client prevents you from sending files of this size, you may try to zip them into an archive (e.g. using WinZip) or sending them separately in multiple e-mails (not recommended, but possible).

If none of these will work, please send me a message to mentlik@dataapex.com and I will advise you further via e-mail.
Daniel Mentlí­k
DataApex

Steve Wright

Post by Steve Wright »

Hi Daniel,

I've sent the files via email to the support email address. Unfortunately the instrument PC is not internet connected.

Thanks

Steve
Steve Wright