Fraktion Collection and Rinsing

You can discuss anything concerning Clarity in this section.
IFL

Re: Fraktion Collection and Rinsing

Post by IFL »

Dear Ivan,

as you know we use some valves in this system.

After logout from the software the Valco valves are going back to the home position (e.g. multi position valves are going to position 1) and don't stay in the configured position. Because we are using valves for automated column selection it happens that the wrong solvent comes to the columns and destroys them.
Is there a way to let the valves in the configured positions at software logout?

Thank you.

Claus

Ivan Vins
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Post by Ivan Vins »

Dear Claus,

regarding the valves, the idea was to set them to some default (safe) position at shutdown or Instrument closing - the same way like the pump flow is switched down. For the column selector, a bypass set in position 1 will be suggested.

Apparently, this seems not to be an ideal solution in all cases and we will need to implement some more options to define the individual components behavior in such situations in some future version.

As for the external start detection problems, we did not observed such problem during the testing of version 2.7.2. There are two places to check for correct settings: System Configuration, Start (digital input) and the Method Setup, External Start/Stop checkbox.

I will greatly appreciate, if you could send me the diagnostic files as described in the Technical support note.

http://downloads.dataapex.com/documenta ... t-Note.pdf

This will help us to find the problem quickly
Ivan Vinš

IFL

Post by IFL »

Dear Ivan,

thank you for your answer.

As we have the system delivered to our customer I do not have direct access to the system and the files anymore. We have 2.7.1 installed on this system in the moment. This has no problems with the communication
I think we ware able to set up the method table that works with the installed version and the customer is able to test his configuration. But he his waiting for the final release. If you want I can send you the method file.

The bypass is not possible as the customer has 6 different columns installed on the 6 column stream selector valve. He uses normal phase and RP columns. So the solvents are quite different. The only problem is the "Home" setting. "Don't move" would be perfect. :-)

Thank you.

Claus