Curve calibration (help!)

You can discuss anything concerning Clarity in this section.
paranoidan573

Post by paranoidan573 »

Curve calibration.

Dear all:

Hi everybody! I´m from Mexico so sorry If I have some spelling mistakes. I´m a 21 year old Industrial Biochemestry Engineering student and I´m in a pesticide detection project, but I have a problem. I was asked to make a curve calibration but, although I have already red the manual, I haven´t been able to create it. I already have the chromathogram standards with different concentrations. I´m able to enter in the “Calibration” window and open the chromatograms but when I wanna see the calibration curve of one peak clicking on it I´m only able to see the “Retention time” column and I think that I need the “Amount” column too, but I haven´t been able to get it. I was wondering if someone could help giving me specific instructions (I mean, almost step by step) because I´m new with the software. THANK YOU VERY
MUCH!!!

Best regards

Alemán Nava Gibrán Sidney
Sidney

Daniel Mentlik
DataApex Support
DataApex Support

Post by Daniel Mentlik »

Dear colleague,
The complete step-by-step procedure of making the calibration curve in the Clarity software along with screenshots is described for example in the Clarity Demo Manual (M003 available for download here: http://www.dataapex.com/downloads/downl ... lProduct=A ) on pages 19-21. Note that the procedure described there fits specifically the case of the DEMO data, so you might have to select another calibration type (ESTD instead of ISTD), amounts and so on. The general procedure of creating the calibration curve is the same, though.
Graphs of calibration curves of individual compounds can then be viewed by clicking on the tabs of the desired compounds on the bottom of the screen. It is also possible to change the calibration curve fit to match your needs if your analysis has its specifics.
Do not hesitate to ask further if anything is not as clear as it should be, the user feedbeck is appreciated for improving the documentation and the software itself.

Best Regards

Daniel Mentlik

Daniel Mentlik
DataApex
Podohradska 1
15500 Prague
Czech Republic
Email: mentlik@dataapex.com
Web: www.dataapex.com
Tel: +420 251 013 400
Fax: +420 251 013 401
Daniel Mentlí­k